Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why ,God, Why?

This morning, I met with a teen girl who is questioning why God would allow her family to go through some devastating things over the last month. She said, "I know God is aware of everything, He loves us and is supposed to protect us as our Heavenly Father, but I have a hard time understanding why He has allowed us to go through so much pain."

Have you ever been in this place? Have you ever had your faith shaken and you begin to ask God, "Why?" I know I have a few times in my life. I have a tendency to ask Him about why so many children are allowed to go through the devastation of divorce, abuse, neglect, etc. at the hands of their parents and other adults. "Why, God, why?" They did nothing to deserve this!

All my upbringing as a pastor's kid has told me that God sees all, knows all, is everywhere, etc. This world is ruled by sin, but the Almighty God is the Ruler of all. He doesn't cause the sins of human beings, but He is nearby to help us go through it and to heal from it.

Nothing gets by Him or is out of His sight, which can make us pretty uncomfortable at times, can't it? Yes, He was there when this and this and this happened in our lives. Yes, He sees us as we are sinning against Him, whether we want to believe it or want to notice it. He is there through every hurtful and painful experience and wants us to run to Him for shelter and comfort.

2 Cor. 1:3-4-"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, Who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

Psalm 10:14-"But You, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; You consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to You; You are the Helper of the fatherless.

Isaiah 41:10-"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Be encouraged, friends, that there is never a moment you are out of His sight. We may never know why He has caused or allowed something our lives, but we can use our pain for good and bring glory to Him by bringing comfort to others. Stand strong on His strength and step over the enemy's attempts to make you doubt the Lord God. You are stronger than you think, in the name of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment